...So How Was Your Day?

Discussion in 'The Bathysphere' started by Apollo, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Jawneh

Jawneh ² ∞ & → Premium Member

-Return to Top-

We started turning our attached garage a little bit ago. Last weekend the concrete was laid down (as it was unfinished) and mostly this weekend it has been down to putting up a new ceiling, fixing up the roof some, putting up a new wall where the garage door was, new exterior door, couple windows, and some electrical. Probably will do some more framing tomorrow. So much for a relaxing weekend, but it'll look damn nice once done.

Nae'blis and The Eye in the Sky! like this.
  2. The Eye in the Sky!

The Eye in the Sky! That guy eating pie Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I went deep sea fishing with my dad and three brothers yesterday. Left from Gloucester, MA (The Perfect Storm!) and were out all day... the waves were massive because the remains of Hurricane Harvey had passed the day before. I felt a little nauseous at lunch time but got over it. One that that is cool about being in the middle of the ocean and not seeing land is being disconnected from all internet/phone service. It's peaceful. I can also see how it would be terrifying if a storm came by.

We brought home 8 haddock and had to throw back a dozen or so cod because regulations don't allow us to keep them. We also caught some sharks that were annoying us.

Salt water kills you. I slept nearly 10 hours last night and still feel sore and worn out.

BigDaddy likes this.
  3. Nae'blis

Nae'blis I remember when CT's were cool.

-Return to Top-

Well it's been raining for almost two days straight here.. woohoo. But this afternoon the sun kicked some rain cloud ass and shone through which was well needed!

BigDaddy likes this.
  4. dimmerwit

dimmerwit Tremendously High Energy Member Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just bought my first mechanical keyboard.

Why did I wait so long? I think my words per minute has already skyrocketed!

Apollo likes this.
  5. Apollo

Apollo Omnipotent Moron Administrator

-Return to Top-

Great choice, those stupid island style keyboards (or whatever they're called) are such rubbish. Mechanical's the only way for me, so much better!

6. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I got a new mechanical keyboard with the cherry keys and a detachable USB cable during the Amazon Prime Day(s).

The detachable USB cable was a huge selling point for me. Been having issues with the cords going bad. Now, I can just replace it if it goes bad... instead of bashing the hell out of the keyboard when it randomly stops working.

Not really sure if having a mechanical keyboard over a regular keyboard has helped me play games any better, though.

7. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

What is the benefit of a mechanical keyboard? I've heard of them before but never looked into what makes them different.

8. Jawneh

-Return to Top-

Essentially, mechanical keys are like light switches, but instead of being flicked on/off, the keys complete the electric circuit for that specific keystroke when pushed down. There's also springs that push the keys up faster. They also feel much better to use IMO than any other ones.

Most non-mechanical keyboards have a circuit board with some rubbery membrane stuff which when pushed together with a keystroke complete the circuit. If you've every busted open one, you know what I mean.

9. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

I guess I'd have to use one to really understand why everyone likes them. Maybe in 4 or 5 years when I build an expensive gaming PC, I'll make the keyboard a mechanical one.

10. Jawneh

-Return to Top-

You can get a decent one these days for like $20-30 to get sucked in. After that it's up to you if you want to spend $100 or more for a really nice one. My current mechanical one was like a $40 bundle with a "gaming mouse" and it's better than a basic keyboard.

11. dimmerwit

dimmerwit Tremendously High Energy Member Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just remember when all the girls are talking about fingers and sensations they are actually referring to the sheer delight of a Cherry MX switch.

12. Jon

Jon Official Thread Killer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Mechanical keyboards are amazing. At work I don't have a mechanical, but my desktop does. I bought a Corsair one I LOVED when I was playing WoW. It makes a difference in an MMO. I transitioned to a gamepad eventually, but mechanical with a cherry MX switch is the way to go. I won't get anything else.

13. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

This is the post of the year right now. Calling it. You'll only be competing with maybe 200 posts this year so your chance is good.

BigDaddy likes this.
  14. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

We don't have the Annual Awards anymore. :(