Walmart Cancelled (some) SNES Classic Pre-Sales

Discussion in 'General Game Help & Discussion' started by Fool's Requiem, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Crazy Jamie

Crazy Jamie First recipient of the Amaloo Award Super Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Including the gift card is generous. I appreciate consumer laws may differ in the US, but in the UK orders can be cancelled prior to the item being dispatched. Several retailers have said they will restrict SNES minis to one per customer over here, and some already have. You won't be getting a gift card over here though.

3. dimmerwit

dimmerwit Tremendously High Energy Member Premium Member

-Return to Top-

4. Crazy Jamie

Crazy Jamie First recipient of the Amaloo Award Super Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very welcome news. I paid a bit of a premium for mine but not too much higher than RRP. Good to see Nintendo making more of an effort to meet demand.

5. dimmerwit

dimmerwit Tremendously High Energy Member Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It's definitely welcome. I'm not interested in the NES and am not dying for the SNES but the latter is something I could see myself getting as an impulse buy or something.

I'd like to think Nintendo were just inundated with obscene demand for the NES mini and had to move on to the SNES version, but I think their communications during this whole saga have been atrocious. When even leading US retailers didn't know when SNES Mini pre-orders would start you know you have a problem.

6. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This makes me more happy than the NES mini coming back next year. Though I'm still planning one trying to get the SNES mini as soon as I can so I don't have to worry about for getting to get it.

Though, me being one who has a perfectly fine working regular SNES and 20+ games for it, I don't even really need it. But I must play Star Fox 2 and I don't want to play it on a crummy emulator.