Watchya Been Playin?

Discussion in 'General Game Help & Discussion' started by Gorge, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Jawneh

Jawneh ² ∞ & → Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I picked up Prey last weekend. Not including today, I already put over 17 hours into it. Luckily schools is done for the summer or else I'd be in trouble.

It's a pretty great game. The only thing that sucks is that I constrained myself to a specific skill build which sucks out fun from it, but luckily the game has multiple endings!

2. Crazy Jamie

Crazy Jamie First recipient of the Amaloo Award Super Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Not much time for gaming at the moment. And by 'at the moment', I mean 'in the past couple of years'. I mostly just find time to have the odd 20 minute blast on Dawn of War II's Last Stand mode.

I have great intentions of picking up one of the notable single player games on the PS4 (so something like MGSV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, NieR, Nioh), but it hasn't happened yet.

3. The Eye in the Sky!

The Eye in the Sky! That guy eating pie Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

> Horizon Zero Dawn - just hit the 65 hour mark and will be playing the last story quest tonight. Depending on the ending, might be the 2nd best game I've played in a very long time.
    > Zelda - about to start the last of the 4 beast dungeons, might go after Ganon soon after - I have 19 hearts, Master Sword and a bunch of strong armor so I could probably destroy him.
    > Mario Kart 8 - just got this on Sunday, doing some single player until the wife decides she wants to battle.
    > Persona 5 - haven't touched it since the day I bought it, will continue once I finish Horizon.

4. Crazy Jamie

Crazy Jamie First recipient of the Amaloo Award Super Moderator Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have you played MK8 before? I don't have a Switch but played it on the Wii U and thought it was absolutely superb. Supposedly the new version is noticeably better.

5. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

I've not played a Mario Kart since Double Dash on GC so this was like a huge advancement. I've played a few Grand Prix matches on 100cc and its a blast. Wife took the Switch to work today to see how she likes it and then we will battle. They've added so much local multiplayer battle content that it should be fresh for a long time.

6. dimmerwit

dimmerwit Tremendously High Energy Member Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I bought this on a whim as I had some unexpected free time. I'm really enjoying the game. Not the greatest by any means but it has a really cool sense of atmosphere and the powers are pretty fun.

MK8 on the Switch is pretty nice. The main upgrade is the new battle mode which they've decided to do properly this time, as well as a res bump from 720p to 1080p. The handheld mode looks fantastic and the Switch's local multiplayer mode is a real bonus. That said, it's mostly the same basic experience as the Wii U version & the DLC.

7. Jawneh

-Return to Top-

I had just recently sold a bunch of my old TF2 items in the market, including an unusual hat for $50. I had over $60 and wondered what game I wanted. The trailers for Prey had looked awesome, so I picked it up.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough. At least I don't think there's much left from what I can gather from the story and progress I've made. As long as it stays enjoyable for a second playthrough I'm all happy about the game. Supposedly there's more than two endings and I think I know what they all are now.

8. dimmerwit

-Return to Top-

I sold my TF2 earbuds for £35. Lucky I did too, since they're now going for $5.

9. Sigs Minock

Sigs Minock Truth is a lie... Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I may have made a mistake. Playing Borderlands 2, got my Mechromancer to OP3... I went and reset the story missions, without farming for better legendaries...
    I do have a OP1 Fibber and OP1 Bee Shield, i should be fine for awhile, hopefully.

10. Quagmire

Quagmire UofL Cardinals, NY Yankees, NY Giants Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Finished Persona 5 , lvoed it, there are problems, but still an A experience, easily GOTY for me so far. (No I haven't played BOTW, not sure if/when I will, I typically require an engaging story to suck me in, BOTW doesn't have that, I might enjoy it, or get bored like I did with TP)

Tried getting into Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, just found it too repetitive and tedious..a ton of gems to collect, defeating enemies isn't very fun. It's very pretty and the music is pretty damn good, but the platforming isn't very fun. There are a lot of deaths, but more than I'd like feel cheap. Their two moves are good in theory, but don't seem to always preform as intended.

It's not bad, I'd say maybe a C overall, just not my cup of tea.

Went back to Mario Galaxy 2, got to the 6th galaxy, got stuck on the first level, the lava level. Had issues with controls at one part. Trying to jump from rock sphere to rock sphere while avoiding lava monsters. I really don't like how it controls, so I'm not sure if I'm going to pick it back up as that level has put me off.

11. dimmerwit

-Return to Top-

I remember finding Galaxy 2 quite difficult. Worth it though. Along with GTA V it was my favourite of last generation.

12. Quagmire

-Return to Top-

It wasn't too hard, though a couple of the optional star stages (where you have to feed a star so many star bits) are good old fashion platforming

My biggest issue usually is controls making it harder than it needed to be

13. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

I didn't like the Galaxy games for the same reason as quagmire. I'm very excited for the new one though. The new trailer looks awesome.

Also Metroid Prime 4.

14. dimmerwit

-Return to Top-

Delete your account.

Yeah, in about 2020 at this rate! :(

I just played through Halo:CE for the first time on the Master Chief Collection. The first half of the campaign is great, but it completely falls apart in the second. I'm trying not to be too harsh on what is a 15 1/2 year old game but it was almost comedic at some points. In all honesty, the Library level that everyone cites as the worst one wasn't really that bad.

Going to play Halo 4 after. So far, it's Halo 3 > 2 > CE.

15. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

One of the biggest complaints the original Halo game got was that it became repetitive. The Library is considered one of the worst levels in the original trilogy. Not to mention going through the Control Room level twice, though, I have a soft spot for the Control Room "outdoor" areas... I'm a sucker for snow levels.

16. dimmerwit

-Return to Top-

Yeah, the Control Room/Two Betrayals was the bit I was thinking about. At least in the Library you are always moving forward!

Does demonstrate how important level design is. Halo 2 is unquestionably rushed but the campaign is a lot better in this regard.

17. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

no u

I was on vacation last week so I am finally getting back to P5 again. I went headfirst into the first palace and am just about to the final area but I'm pretty much out of SP and healing items. Was hoping to complete it in one day but it looks like that won't happen. I tried to balance out the usage of SP to be as efficient as possible to not use any healing items or healing spells but those damn armored horse enemies that can kill me in one shot screwed that up.

18. Fool's Requiem

Fool's Requiem Is that a pro Genji?! Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Not that you could tell.

Halo 2 was definitely the best. They weren't supposed to end with the Arbiter level but was forced to make the release date. Imagine how great the game would have been if they weren't forced to rush it.

19. Sigs Minock

-Return to Top-

Borderlands 2- got my Mechromancer to OP3, reset my story missions and trying to farm for some better weapons and gear. so far, best thing i've gotten- a Shreddifier, Heart of the Ancients relic [Pistol dmg+/FfyL Time+], and not much else. I did get a Bearcat from a loot midget- but that's utterly worthless with the Mechromancer.

20. Sigs Minock

-Return to Top-

Well, i've had the best day farming in a long while- four tubbies [three legendary class mods], one dropped a WTF, another dropped a Pearl! A Tunguska, though. I got a Veruc as well. Then, farming the Snowman, got three legendaries in his loot chest- an Impaler, another WTF shield, and a Legendary Mechromancer mod.
    Didn't get anything useful, but still better haul then most

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017 at 9:06 PM
  21. Jawneh

-Return to Top-

I've resisted the Steam sale up until yesterday. Picked two things:

Shadow's of Mordor is still as awesome as ever. I got the goty to actually finish the campaign this time around as well as go through the DLC in it.

Also Dead Cells had looked awesome to me, so I grabbed that too. So far it's been incredibly fun and fast paced Castlevanialike massacre of creeps and monsters. And this is only a couple hours into playing the game. I like it.

22. Jon

Jon Official Thread Killer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fell in love with Persona 5 so much (still not 100% done yet) that with a GameStop offer I had, I was able to get P4: Golden for free. So that's something to look forward to.

Quagmire likes this.
  23. The Eye in the Sky!

-Return to Top-

That one took me 97 hours to beat so hopefully you don't get fatigue of the games since they're very similar in terms of gameplay to P5 but the setting and story have a completely different vibe.

24. Quagmire

-Return to Top-

Finally getting around to starting Vampire the Masquerade, I have only put about half an hour into it....thought today was gonna be the first day I got to put a few hours in, nope, gotta run some time sensitive errands for the wife...Friday I should be able to put in a few hours

25. dimmerwit

-Return to Top-

Looks neat. I'm glad they're at least trying to change up the formula a bit.